How to make scented Wax Sachets? With this video we’ll walk you through the process step-by-step!
Learn how to make DIY scented wax sachets with soy wax, Scent&More oils and dried botanicals.
Scented wax air fresheners are perfect to fragrance closets, drawers and other small spaces.
Scented sachets are also a charming gift for housewarmings or to say thank you. Scented sachets are very easy to create with endless possibilities to customise.
A wax sachet is a solid, natural air freshener made with soy wax or beeswax, dried flowers, herbs and spices, and scented with oils. Unlike candles or wax melts, scented wax sachets don’t have to be heated.
You will need wax sachet mould, wax melting pot, soy wax, scent&more oils, decoration (dried botanicals, dried fruits or berries, pressed flowers, whole spices, seashells).
The process is simple:
• Put the wax flakes in a wax melting pot or a heat-resistant measuring cup. Place in the warm water bath and until the wax is melted. Stir occasionally to help the melting process.
• Remove from the heat and add the oils. Stir well to combine the wax and oils.
• Pour the wax into the silicone mould. It’s a good idea to put the mould on a cutting board or tray so you can lift and move the mould after pouring.
• Wait until the wax has slightly cooled and becomes cloudy.
• When the wax begins to set, sprinkle the scented sachets with dried herbs and flowers, spices, dried fruits and other decorations. Gently press larger items into the wax.
• Let the wax sachets harden at room temperature, which can take 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the heat and humidity in your home.
• Gently pull the silicone mould away from the wax sachets to break the airlock.
• Pull back the mould and slip the wax tablet out. Wax sachets are delicate so handle them carefully.
• String twine or ribbon through each wax air freshener and tie a knot.
Done ! ????